Thursday, January 5, 2012

Organization Challenge 2012 -Closet

Challenge #1 - Closet

It's time to get out with the old and in with the new.

I don't know about you, but I have plenty of shoes and clothes I have been saving around for the past 5 years. However, I never use them but maybe once a year if that, and it's because I feel bad I don't wear them anymore. So... get some courage and let go of those items you know you won't use anymore.

Here are some ideas on what to do with your old clothes and shoes:

Donate: Donate them to the DI (Deseret Industries), Good Will, Salvation Army, or other charity in need in your area. Give them to a family member.

Garage sale: Put together a garage sale of items from you and others in your family or neighborhood to earn some cash especially for vacation coming up this year.

Re-Purpose: Find ways to use your clothes for others in your family. For example: use a woman's sweater to make a sweater dress for a little girl, make skirts, aprons, or
other items that you may find useful.


How do you organize your clothes?

I used to organize by color only, but I am trying something new this year and seperating my clothes by categories such as; Tanks, T-Shirts, Dressy Shirts, Long Sleeves, Jacket/Coats, Skirts, Dresses, Pants, and others things I have hanging up but never wear, aka prom dresses (yes I haven't let go of those yet, ha ha).


BEFORE...........
Messy and unorganized!

AFTER.................................

Clean, organized, and beautified! :)
Much better!!!

Crank up the tunes and start organizing you will feel so much better after you do, plus you might find items you have been missing for a while. I found one of my mini perfumes in one of my bags. You could even find cash, who knows what you got in your closet.... :)

Have a fabulous day!!!
Alisha


No comments:

Post a Comment