Monday, August 22, 2011

Bookshelf Covers

My bookshelf is from Ikea and for the longest time it looked like this, especially with little ones in my home.
Before....
After....
So I got the inspiration from here to make my bookshelf more organized. I didn't want to make boxes, but to simply cover up the empty spots or books I didn't want to display. So I came up with this alternative.



I got some patio furniture this summer so I kept the box it came in and cut it up to make the covers, which were 13x13 inches and the sides were 13x5 inches. The center slot is 1x3 inches.

Items needed:
  • Cardboard
  • Box cutter or blade
  • Measuring tape
  • Glue gun/glue sticks
  • Fabric of your choice (2 yards to make 12 boxes) or you could even us Scrapbooking paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint (if you want to paint the sides)
  • Sponge Brush or Paint brush

What do you think? Much better right!?

1 comment: