Monday, August 22, 2011

Workout of the Day!

Don't worry about fitting into a size 2 pair of jeans, focus on being fit and healthy.

Found this off of Pinterest

Here is a workout to get you moving! I did three sets of this and by set 3 I was really feeling it, so challenge yourself, but don't forget to take a few breaks to catch your breath and drink some water.

With a 5 minute warm-up, 3 sets with a few breaks throughout, and a 5 minute cool down/stretching it took about 30-35 minutes.

What are Burpees?? Click here for a demo. You may know them as UP-Downs

Change up the pushups throughout the workout by doing the first 5 regular(with your arms out to your side) then the next 5 military style (with your elbows next to your body). If you cannot do 5 regular pushups start on your knees until you have the strength to do them the regular way. Keep those abs in tight and your back straight. Good Luck!

Be happy with what God gave you and make the best of your physique!

Sincerely,
Alisha

3 comments:

  1. Very Crossfit like! I have been loving Crossfit! This will be a great at home workout though! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to ask...What are burpees?? but then I kept reading ;) I highly doubt I can do that many pushups! Can I do the girly ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would start out with the main pushup then go to your knees once you are sacrificing your form. I did my push ups with P90x on my knees for the first 5 weeks... so I don't judge :)

    ReplyDelete